Monday, September 22, 2008

Finding a best friend when you're not looking.

















Do you remember your first best friend? You were probably in kindergarten or grade one and you were both sure you'd be friends forever. Then there was your best friend in grade school and maybe another one or two in high school. I cherish all the friendships I've had over the years but I can't say I'm in contact with very many of them.


Some people are very lucky maybe you're one of them. You know the ones that grow up with the same people and remain friends long after school is done. Unfortunately that wasn't me; I went to several schools so I never got too close with anyone.


As I got older it didn't seem to bother me much since I had my lovely boyfriend and my family I really didn't think I was missing anything until recently. About six months ago I gained a best friend, who would have thought it that it would take until I was in my 23's to find her.


I guess you really don't know you're missing anything in your life until something new catches you off guard. We started off as any friendship does, lighthearted and getting to know each other. Then something happened I realized I wanted to talk to her everyday and tell her what was going on in my life good or bad. I haven't had this much phone stamina since I was a teenager.


“You've changed”, that's what I've been told and I was starting to worry about what that means until I was told by several people that I've changed for the better. This new friend has somehow brought out in me the things I had forgotten. My self esteem is better; I'm going out for girl's nights and having fun. I'm not as stressed and now my boyfriend doesn't take all the brunt of my bad days. Wow it's like I've been missing out maybe there was a piece missing from my puzzle of life. This couldn't have come at a better time, just when you think “this is it” “this is me” “I don't need anyone else in my life”.


We have so much in common it's more comparable to having a sister. It gives me pride to help her bring out the strengths she didn't know she had and it feels comforting to me to have someone notice what's happening in my life even when I'm trying to hide it.


How does she do that? I can look at her and smile and say “everything is great!” and she will see right through it. I love the relationship I have with my boyfriend but I also love the friendship I have with Foncesa,Kimberly,Kartina and Nana. I hope you have a friend that means the world to you and who knows you inside and out just as you know them. Now that I have it I could never let it go. So thank you Foncesa,Kimberly,Kartina and Nana for coming into my life and being exactly what I need you to be when I need you to be it. To JUNAINIS i hope u will find ur bestfriend after u close ur heart to be my friend, only 1 thing i want u to know that "i will always be there when u need me the most.... " & now Im getting to cry...Wahwahwah!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two of my bestfriends picture was missing, nnt bila ada gmbr baru saya upload k....

Anonymous said...

eh salah2 1 jak org teda dlm tu gmbr pula...

Anonymous said...

Yg gmbr lelaki kiut tu bukan best friend sa ah p darling sa tu hehehe

Anonymous said...

Wah...wah....wah....kiut juga pula darling ko tu.....hehe..bayi sihat...jangan marah ye...

Anies Azeera said...

... nah ketahuan sudah siapa darling ko. bah jadi, bila tu?

Anonymous said...

hehehe tahun depan bulan 5 kali sa tunang,ni la ni mo oder g kek dari ko kira mura2 ah...hehehe